Monday, August 8, 2011

Keep it Real #12

Yea! It is Tuesday and I am actually making time to post a new Keep it Real post! I’m sorry I have missed a few weeks! It’s real life people! It’s keeping me busy! I do miss sharing my Real moments with you and reading all you real moments you share!
We have had tons of stuff going on, football has started and we are trying to squeeze the last bit of fun out of summer before school starts next week! Boooo!
I really don’t want my kids to go back to school, I feel like summer was so short, we didn’t even do everything on our summer fun list. I feel like I want to hang on to summer as long as I can…I feel like I want to hang on to their childhood as long as I can! Let me tell you Mommies of young children, I know you get tired and frustrated and long for the day your children grow up and move out of your house….but believe me, it will happen before you know it! Don’t rush it! Enjoy every moment! Hold on to them!

This week my beautiful daughter Kayla and I packed up everything in her room and she moved out. We took down her canopy that her Grandma made her and took all her pictures off the wall.
Here is a pic I took of her while she was packing her room..


She is 18. She is about to start college in a few weeks. She is wonderful and I am so proud of her. But, now I am the only girl in the house. I walk by her room and she is not there…of course her brother Christopher moved in to her room the very night she left. He is glad to no longer be sharing a room with his little brothers! LOL.

Now I am very lucky because Kayla only moved 10 minutes away. She is going to be living with a wonderful family as a live in nanny while she goes to college. She has been caring for this sweet baby since he was a newborn. He loves her and she is wonderful with him. I am so blessed that she is nearby and with a family that we are close friends with…but still I will miss not seeing her in the morning when she wakes up. Not having dinner every night with her.
I had a conversation with my Mom the other day…well it was a IM conversation as my Mom is on a long holiday with my Dad right now! They are retired and traveling around in their motor home. Oh, do I miss them…I miss my Mommy…but that is another post…lol…any way I was telling my Mom how I was sad and I want my kids to grow up and live happy lives, but there is a part of me who wants them to stay with me forever. I told my Mom, “It’s not fair, I want them with me forever.” The words my Mom typed back to me stuck in my heart. She is so wise…these are her words.

“ask her to promise to visit all the time. Remember when YOU were 18? Hard to let go...your Dad and I cried our eyes out when you drove away in that truck. Poor Willie(my little brother) didn't know what to do. Ginger (my sister) didn't see, she was in her room weeping. At least she isn't going to N. Carolina! You have done a wonderful job with her, Julie and she will be okay. She can't move away from her Mothers prayers. You never did. It's time. This is the first of FOUR GREAT STABS in the heart. You will find that if you HELP her and part on good terms, the stab will heal, and a little flower of pride will grow and flourish in the scar. Life and Beauty will find their way.”

So, that is what I’m doing. Listening to the wise words of my Mother. Letting a little flower of pride grow in my heart. Just like my Mother did 20 years ago when her first born daughter left her nest.

My Mom sure knows how to keep it real.
So, who want’s to keep it real with me!? Let your blogger friends and real friends see the “real stuff” Keep it real with me! Post your “real stuff” on your blog and share it with me. It can be anything! Talk about whatever you want! I’m going to try to do this every Tuesday and I would love to have lot’s of you posting your links!
Us ladies need to stick together! Lift each other up! We are all in this together! I dare you!! Be Real! My
first K.I.R. was about Laundry eww..the second about keeping kids busy. I talked about "SLEEP" Then I shared my love of kids cereal, and watching my daughter Grow Up. I'm loving all the posts of all of the “real” ladies who are joining me! Let’s keep this going! I love hearing your stories! You can read all of the previous K.i.r. moments from me and tons of other fabulous ladies in my Home and Beauty tab up above. keep the posts coming! I love them all!
It's a get Real linky party! It's easy just post a link to your "Real" blog post.
Here are the rules. 1. Just click on the link that says You are next, click here to enter. 2. Add a link to your 'real" blog post, not your main blog but the actual post. 3. Encourage your bloggy friends to join us. 4. Link my blog/linky party in your post.

julie_cherry_thumb[3]

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I am SO ready for my kids to go back to school. They're bored! There's not much going on this year, unless we signed up for it MONTHS ago, before school was even out of session. Since we weren't sure WHERE we were going to be living, we couldn't sign up until it was too late :(

Maybe next year, I'll feel differently!

Sarah said...

Also, your mom's words? I'm crying now, because of them! *hugs*

Jodi said...

It's nice that she will be so close to you. Your mom is right that it would be harder if she moved farther away, at least that's part of what I got out of what your mom said. I will be sad when it's Bekah's time to leave home. Bitter sweet. You raised her well though and she will do great.

Jen Graham said...

Your school starts so early! We never start around here until September 7th or so.

Your mom is WISE and what a beautiful sentiment!

Jen Graham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GingerScraps said...

Is it your missions to make me cry on every "Get Real" post??Ugh... I can NOT stand the thought of my kids moving out! I'm seriously going to die!
And I'm allergic to flowers, so I dont want any in my heart. hahaha
Just kidding, it was lovely advice, from the most amazing mama in the world!! :)
<3 <3 you Julie!

elenareviews said...

My girls are so little..aged 3 and 5.........I think is the bes thing that she is so close to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...