Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nail Fun…Stripes and Dots

HIIeee! Yes, I know it’s Tuesday..I am having such a fun busy summer..I forgot it was keep it real day!

So, how about this for you my loyal Keep it real fans…let’s do every other Tuesday. That will be easier. That way I don’t have to look like a flake! hahaha!

But, instead of leaving you with nothing to read, I will share with you what I did on my nails this morning. I got a few requests for nail tutorials due to my post on Thursday. So, Here we go!

Stripes and Dots nails.

First pick out your colors, put on your base coat..

Here are my colors all lined up. A nice warm cup of tea is always good to have too Smile

009e

Now, paint your nails the two colors you picked out, I did mine one green and one blue and one green and one blue and so on…two coats.

011e

Now add a tip of opposite color to each nail, mine are blue on green and green on blue.

013e

Then ad a white stripe across where the tip starts…like this..use a stripping brush, I used white.

016e

then add white (or what color you choose) stripes going up from the stripe across the tip.

016e

now take your white polish and dump a little bit out on a piece of scrap paper.

017e

Take your dotting tool and dot on some cute little polka dots! (If you don’t have a dotting tool you can use a toothpick or an ink pen with no ink.)

019e

Add your top coat to protect your manicure and give it some nice shine.

020e

Voila! You are done! Cute fun and summery nails!

I hope this inspires you to have some fun with your nails! Give me some requests..what would you like to see on my nail fun posts? Leave some comments and requests! I will try to do them for ya!

Have a great day!

julie_cherry_thumb[3]

5 comments:

RaEStoCo said...

I have that same Orly Bonder basecoat. What do you use to apply it? I think it's really strange that it doesn't come with a brush. You've inspired me to have fun with my nail polish.

Julie said...

RaEStoCo...mine did come with a brush. That is wierd your didnt. How the heck do you apply it?

Shelly said...

what is a stripping tool? where do you get it?

Julie said...

Shelly, you make the stripes with a really skinny nail art brush. you can but the "Nail Art Polish" with the skinny brushes in the nail polish section. Or you can get a "Nail Art Brush" at your local beauty supply store.

Johnnie said...

Hi. I am a new follower. Love this project! Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday, because your I am loving your posts. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

Johnnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...