Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Keep it Real #2...Keeping Them Busy

Keeping it real…sometimes we don’t want to! LOL…sometime life is just…life! Some days it’s just too much. Some days you just want to stay in your jammies and not do anything. Just curl up and not think…But as mothers and women, we can’t really do this can we. we have to get up, put a smile on our faces and deal with it. Have you ever had one of those days? I know I have…Some days there is so much on my mind it is overwhelming.
Do you ever have those days you just let your kids make a mess because it is keeping them busy…and quiet…Here are some of those moments.
march organize 293
Well, I guess he wanted a snack…at least the floor is clean…
July 4th 2008 010
Hmmm, this time it’s pudding all over the coffee table…but he is so happy..until…
July 4th 2008 016
I mean..if you take it away this is what happens…
He’s 3 now…and he is still making messes..now his friends are involved…
018e
This mess kept them quiet and busy for at least an hour!
Rainy days are great too…let them play in the mud..it keeps them busy for a long time..
jan organize 164
jan organize 168
Yes and even my teenagers get in on the fun…at least they can clean them selves up Smile
Mud fight 008
Mud fight 001
Yes, this has been going on in my house for many years. yes, they get messy..but..it keeps them busy..I think they have fun too.
So..I’m sure you all have some moments like this to share. Or any Keep it real moments.  We had a lot of great bloggers joining the fun last tuesday! I can’t wait to see your real moments you have to share this week!
So, who want’s to keep it real with me!? Let your blogger friends and real friends see the “real stuff” Keep it real with me! Post your “real stuff” on your blog and share it with me.  It can be anything! I’m going to try to do this every Tuesday and I would love to have lot’s of you posting your links!
Us ladies need to stick together! Lift each other up! We are all in this together! I dare you!! Be Real!
It's a get Real linky party! It's easy just post a link to your "Real" blog post.

Here are the rules. 1. Just click on the link that says You are next, click here to enter. 2. Add a link to your 'real" blog post, not your main blog but the actual post. 3. Encourage your bloggy friends to join us. 4. Link my blog/linky party in your post.

8 comments:

Scrappin' Frame of Mind said...

Julie, you are just AWESOME!!!!!!! I admire that you can let your kids play in the mud - just for the fun of it! I'm having one of those days, just like you described, and your blog post made me smile - thank you! xoxo Jamie

Sarah said...

I so would not let my kids play in the mud. At least not until we have a house, that's all our own. So I can hose them down after ;)

Steph Ulrich said...

I let Delilah play with a tampon the other day. Yup she opened it and had a blast for an HOUR! I'll have to link that up. Hubby was horrified, but whatever, I had time to curl my hair!

Jen Graham said...

Alton would love to play in the mud. I do let him play in the rain, but the mud might give me a heart attack. LOVE the Fruit Loop picture. :)

Julie said...

Girls! You dont need to be afraind of the mud! LOL..Steph the tampon thing is hillarious!!

Psychozoe Designs (Susie) said...

omg I love this! playing in the mud! LOL@the tampon! .....
One time a kid from my mom's primary class at church brought her a bouquet of dandelions in a cardboard tampon tube... my mom was horrified but thanked the child, and I'm sure she promptly threw them away and bleached her hands, lol!!

Get 2 Scrappin' said...

I'm a day late but I got my post done and linked up! I let my boys play in the mud puddles too! Then they go inside and take a bath while mommy washes out their clothes in the sink! I'm all about letting them have fun and be creative as long as they aren't hurting anyone or anything! Thanks for hosting the linky - its great to get use out of some of those pictures I take to make myself laugh at the sometimes not-so-funny-at-the-time things that happen around here! :)

Laura @ Our House Of Joyful Noise said...

OMGoodness--The comments brought an abundance of unexpected hardy laughs!! I was dyin'. Anyway...I do not have any posts about keeping it real right now, but since you are doing this every Tuesday, maybe I can get myself into that mind frame, and come up w/ something good to blog about. Off the top of my head, I'd be keeping it real to admit, I am way too much of a neat freak and compulsive type person, to let huge messes THAT big happen > especially in my house. The mud thing, in the summer, I could handle. (I think. lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...